- Job Title:
- Repair Technician
- Job Type:
- Manufacturing, Production Operative - skilled
- Date Posted:
- Wed 11th Jan 2017, 03:26pm
We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Electrical / Electronic Instrument Technician to work for a global manufacturing company joining the Instrument Repair team.
The role will involve testing, fault finding to component level and repairing products that have been returned.
Main duties will include:
* Fault finding and to repair and calibrate electrical / electronic field and bench type instrumentation.
* Read and understand repair manuals, schematics, and circuit diagrams.
* Fault finding and repair at printed circuit board level including replacing surface mount components.
* Raising requisitions for replacement components as required.
* Properly using high voltage test equipment.
* Producing fault reports and inputting correct data into the Repairs database.
* Updating as new, returned electrical / electronic field and bench type instrumentation.
* Represent the Repairs department in new product development project teams.
Skills / qualifications required:
* Ideally qualified to HNC Electrical / Electronic discipline or equivalent consideration for suitable experience.
* Conversant with the use of fault finding devices such multi-meters and oscilloscopes.
* Experience of fault finding at component level.
* Ability to read and understand manuals, schematics, and circuit diagrams.
* Ability to fault find, and diagnose root cause.
* Working experience within an electrical test environment.
* Experience of producing fault reports and inputting correct data into ERP software.
* Good communication skills, written and conversational.
* Full driving licence.
New Appointments Group is committed to diversity, equality and opportunity for all.