- Job Title:
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Job Type:
- Engineering, Mechanical Engineer
- £38000 - £40000 per annum
- Date Posted:
- Tue 10th Jan 2017, 05:12pm
Our client is a well-respected and long-established market leader in their field, who are continuing to expand their business and steadily gain market share. They are seeking to appoint to this newly created role to further support the business in this growth.
Work across operations, technical and engineering operations to deliver manufacturing engineering improvements across a breadth of activities; supporting existing and new products, defining new and supporting existing processes, quantifying costs.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Ensure manufacturing processes are capable of achieving quality, cost, volume, delivery and lead time requirements.
* Identify and share relevant manufacturing best practice to design and coordinate implementation of process improvements
* Identify opportunities for cost reduction through improved processes and controls and assist with the diagnose and resolve technical problems.
* Plan and manage ME related activities, across site and report ME related cost structures and savings.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
* Degree educated in an engineering discipline or significant experience within an engineering environment.
* Lean certification (highly desirable).
* Project Management (essential).
* Aviation sector experience(desirable).
* Minimum 5 years' experience within an engineering/ manufacturing industry.
* Proven experience of supporting and working within multi-discipline teams.
* Possess a strong understanding of quality systems and audit compliance; proven experience of working in a highly regulated and compliant environment.
* Considerable change management experience; understands the change management cycle and experience of delivering therein.
* Experienced practitioner of continuous improvement techniques
* Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills are essential.
If you feel you have the relevant background and skills to be successful in this role please apply today with an up to date CV.
New Appointments Group is committed to diversity, equality and opportunity for all.