Working alongside our market leading company we are recruiting for a Technical Services Engineer.
Our client in Kent specialise in supply of mechanical products in the hospitality industry.
To continue strengthening customer support functions the opportunity has arisen for a Technical Services Engineer to assist operations and customers world-wide.
Key Functions will include:
* Providing first line technical support to customers across the entire product range.
* Providing telephone, email, remote connection and on-site support to customer base, requiring world-wide travel, potentially at short notice, providing installation, inspection and sales support services.
* Coordinate, manage and prioritise customer support requests to ensure all are handled professionally and effectively, meeting customers' requirements in-line with company procedures to completion.
* Assisting in production and development activities by identifying issues and suggesting corrective actions.
* Assist in compilation and updating of training and user manual support documentation.
The candidate must have:
* Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical information to customers with clear spoken and written English.
* Good understanding of SQL databases, preferably with experience of using scripts and management tools, ideally with administration skills.
* Keen interest in and knowledge of PC hardware, networking infrastructures and technologies.
* Basic hands-on mechanical and electronics understanding/troubleshooting skills.
* Prepared to travel world-wide for installations, support, training and sales support, with flexibility regarding work hours.
* Full clean UK driving license and passport.
The ideal candidate will have:-
* 2+ years' experience in a customer support or technical support role
* Documentation writing experience.
For insurance purposes, we can only review applications from candidates over the age of 25 years old.
Normal working hours are Monday-Friday between the hours of 9am and 5.30pm. You will be required to travel the globe at short notice and flexibility is absolutely key for this job.
New Appointments Group, Expertly Matching Employers and Jobseekers since 1975.
Committed to diversity, equality and opportunity for all.
This job is no longer open for applications. Please search jobs or submit your CV