Service and Installation Engineer
Full Job Description
We are working alongside an international engineering manufacturer in the Herne Bay area who have an opening for a Service and Installation Engineer.
This full time position will require a flexible approach and the employee may be required to work as and when the demands of the job dictate which will involve weekend and unsociable hours in the UK and Abroad from time to time. The work will be generally in, but not limited to the following areas: -
Service & Installation:
* Visits to customer sites in support of equipment installation, commissioning, service & breakdowns,
* Work to Method Statements and General Assembly Drawings,
* Complete detailed site reports,
* Be able to communicate with customers and have a "can do" approach,
* Multi-skilled in Mechanical and Electrical disciplines,
* PLC knowledge on Allan Bradley, Siemens and Schneider is ESSENTIAL with good fault finding skills and the ability to write and update programs.
Other Unspecified Activities:
General support tasks required by department manager - as and when necessary in support of the company's activities.
This role is a technical hands-on position that will require strong mechanical and electrical aptitude. You must be able to work on your own initiative or as part of a team away on customer sites. Full product training will be provided. A Fork Lift Truck, Scissor Platform and Long Reach Boom platforms license would also be beneficial but training will be provided. Clean driving license.
The ability to speak other languages as well as English would be a distinct advantage.
New Appointments Group, Expertly Matching Kent's Employers and Jobseekers since 1975.
Committed to diversity, equality and opportunity for all.