Full Job Description
Working along side a well known legal firm in Canterbury, we are currently recruiting for a Legal Cashier on a part time basis.
Working 35 hours over a three day a week we are looking for someone with a working knowledge of Solicitor's Accounts Rules and MS Excel. Knowledge of Practice Manager and Visualfiles would be an advantage.
To assist the team with the Processing of Client Work, to include:
* Processing banking and on occasion carrying out the daily bank run;
* Issuing cheques;
* Billing (including debt billing);
* Bank reconciliations;
* Taking client card payments;
* Transfers and bad debt relief;
* Processing conveyancing completions;
* Reconciling controlled trusts;
* Processing electronic payments;
* Processing petty cash;
* Processing cost transfers;
* Checking archiving;
* Any other duties required.
The relevant person must have an interest in working within solicitors/legal accounts whilst being able to demonstrate good people/communication skills, be able to work on their own or as part of a team as directed, and have the ability to multi task whilst working under pressure. Accuracy and confidentiality is essential.
New Appointments Group, Expertly Matching Employers and Job Seekers since 1975.
Committed to diversity, equality and opportunity for all.