Full Job Description
New Appointments Group is recruiting on behalf of a well-established insurance company who are looking for a fully experienced and capable Claims Handler who is willing to work towards a CILA qualification.
To be successful in this position you will need to have excellent time management and organisation skills with the ability to work in a fast moving environment, dealing with sensitive information on a daily basis.
Duties will include corresponding with third parties via telephone; email and post in an efficient and professional manner, along with actively adhering to the principles of treating customers fairly (TCF) and operating within Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) guidelines.
Other duties will include:
* To effectively undertake work allocated to you by your Team Leader,
* Ensure the efficient handling of the Customer and Client journey of the reinstatement process by managing the company's approved suppliers, ensuring that SLAs are, understood and adhered to,
* Own and manage the Policyholder and Client from first notification to satisfactory completion,
* Taking responsibility and accountability for managing the Customer and Client throughout, ensuring that they receive high quality customer care and support at all times whilst managing every aspect of their insurance claim,
* Ensure work is completed to the required standard,
* Actively promote the principle of Treating Customer Fairly, utilising knowledge obtained of insurance policies,
* Undertake any other tasks that are reasonably assigned you from time-to-time.
Required skills and experience:
* 5 GCSEs grade A - C including Maths and Englis,
* IT Literate including basic understanding of Word and Excel,
* Excellent written and verbal communication,
* Customer service experience,
* Ability to work to deadlines whilst prioritising work load.
New Appointments Group, Expertly Matching Kent's Employers and Jobseekers since 1975.
Committed to diversity, equality and opportunity for all.